Attend our webinar: West Midlands 2025 – where is the region heading?
Architecture, Birmingham, Engineering, Industrial & Logistics, Planning, Residential, Retail, Surveying, Urban design
Join Woods Hardwick and ECF for a webinar about the West Midlands, future growth and development plans, and what the region could look like by 2025.
9am – 10.30am on Thursday 21 January (hosted on Zoom)
The West Midlands is emerging as one of the most important regions and engines of recovery, powering the UK’s long-term economy as we look to repair the damage done by the COVID-19 pandemic. But how robust is that engine? Is it equipped to deal with the challenges it is likely to face in the coming months and years? What exactly is fuelling the growth and development?
Our panel of experts will examine:
- The region’s Local Plan coverage and housing delivery
- Existing planning consents, and which authorities are granting them, and which are not
- The potential impact of the Planning White Paper on spatial planning and delivery
- How politics and upcoming elections might impact all of this
We will be joined by a stellar line up of guest speakers for the session:
- Arthur Brenton, Head of Land, Mulberry Homes
- Maria Dunn, Head of Development Policy, Birmingham City Council
- Trevor Ivory, Partner, DLA Piper
The session will also feature presentations by Paul Woods, Planning Director at Woods Hardwick. and Oliver Deed of ECF, followed by an interactive Q&A by our panel of speakers.