Construction roundtable with Mayor of the West Midlands, Andy Street
Our Birmingham Planning Director, Paul Woods, joined a Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce Virtual Roundtable discussion this morning with the West Midlands Mayor, Andy Street, to discuss construction in the West Midlands.
With representatives from across the construction sector in the West Midlands, the discussion focused on the role the industry has to play in stimulating a post Covid recovery and creating a sustainable economy for the future.
Key themes included:
- The need for ongoing investment and confidence in the housing market
- Repurposing our town and city centres across the region
- Ensuring that the planning system and emerging planning reforms are supported by sufficient resources
- Therole of the construction industry in driving the sustainability agenda and green innovation in the transport and housing sectors
- The need for the government to lead the way in driving change.
A great discussion and as new members of the Greater Birmingham Chamber of Commerce, a fantastic event to be invited to attend.